The Daylily Society of Minnesota promotes the development and enjoyment of daylilies —Hemerocallis—with an emphasis on culture in northern climates.
Our members include award-winning hybridizers, writers, photographers, and editors, as well as daylily collectors and a wide range of gardeners who enjoy beautiful gardens.
Join us for special events throughout the year to learn more about daylilies and enjoy unbeatable daylily camaraderie.
See our Calendar for a schedule of events and activities.
'Light of the World' (Emmerich 2002)
Kyle Billadeau’s Turtle Rock Gardens • Chaska, Minnesota
Hybridizers’ Spring Fling
Sunday, April 28, 2013
7700 Old Highway 169 Boulevard • Jordan, MN
It's coming! Register soon!
2013 AHS National Convention
July 24-27, 2013
Visit the convention website today!
Want to be a convention volunteer?
Contact Volunteer Coordinator Amanda Engstrom
952-895-9404 or email Amanda Engstrom
The Daylily Society of Minnesota offers:
- Educational programs with noted guest speakers at General Meetings in February and November.
- Science Meetings with an emphasis on hybridizing. Local and nationally-known hybridizers share slides, expertise, and advice. Learn from the best! In the spring, Karol Emmerich often hosts a Hybridizers’ Spring Fling in her greenhouse at Springwood Gardens.
- The Dig & Sale, an annual fundraiser where members donate daylily clumps and work together to divide and label them. Divisions are sold at bargain prices to the general public.*
- The Plant Adoption Program for members to trial newer daylilies in their gardens.*
- The mid-summer Garden Tour, a highlight of the season. Members visit local gardens by motorcoach bus, stopping for lunch along the way.*
- An Off-Scape Daylily Show, with a display of favorite daylily flowers from members’ gardens.*
- The annual Banquet & Auction, where members have an opportunity to bid on the newest daylilies, buy plants from the Bargain Table, enter raffles, and win door prizes.
- DSM Daylily News, a newsletter with details about upcoming events. See the DSM newsletter archives.
- *These activities will not take place in 2013 due to the AHS National Convention. Look for them in 2014. The annual Banquet & Auction be held as scheduled.
Join the Daylily Society of Minnesota
Dues are only $5.00 per household for 1 calendar year (January–December); $15.00 for 3 years; and $75.00 for a Life Membership.
To join, send dues in U.S. funds (make check or money order payable to DSM) to:
Don Unruh, Treasurer
Daylily Society of Minnesota
1254 East Balsam Trail
Eagan MN 55123
Please include your:
- City, State & Zip Code
- email Address
Questions? email Treasurer